Pages

▼

Monday, December 7, 2009

Seventh Day of Christmas: Hot Cocoa Mug

I love to personal gifts for friends and family and came across these fun blank canvas mugs. I created the insert using the Polar Expressions collection. I then added hot cocoa and marshmellows to a pillow box and created a coordinated band. Would you love to get this gift?? (But of course with you name on it!)

The mug (aka 16 oz Photo Tumbler) comes with a sheet of paper that you can pull out and use as a pattern to create your own insert. I did have to pull the 3D candy canes off the sticker because of the tight fit, but it still turned out super cute. You can purchase the tumblers at Walmart or do a search for them.

59 comments:

  1. Cute! I love how you put the name on there! A great personalized gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome gift idea. Love how it is personalized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whar a great girft to give someone or just might keep it for myself. thank you for the instructions on how to make it

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww such a great idea - I cant stand coffee or tea for that matter but I certainly know lots of people this would be perfect for! I just bought this line of papers too and literally just put finishing touches on a card I made out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I would love to receive that gift! Can you pass this along to my DH? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable. Great idea Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I love how the mug and mix match!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally cute - and I know tons of coffee drinkers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! I am so making this for a few on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute are they - perfect for a hot choc.
    Definitely adding this to the Christmas ideas list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh great gift idea! Thanks so ,uch for sharing it! I hope I can find these mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really gorgeous idea! However, I think I might make these an Easter item because our Christmas is always far too warm for hot-chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so so cute.... I wish they had smaller cups because my three year olds newest thing is to have hot chocolate and marshmallows for his nightly snack....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just adore this and the hot chocolate sachet and marshallows is the perfect accompaniment ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute!!! Those cups are not hard to find and very easy to work with! Great gift idea for teachers, day care providers, office co-workers etc.! Who doesn't love a big cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter day?!! Polar Express really adds a great touch! Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. soooooooooo adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super idea! But sadly no walmart here:(

    ReplyDelete
  18. I did something similar as gifts last year...wish I'd had the Polar Expressions paper back then!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a fantastic idea! I'll be checking out my local wallyworld for the mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH Like this too. Sooo many great ideas. This would be adorable for a coffee drinker too. Instead of marshmellows and cocoa, a little coffee pack...Target $1 spot has some right now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome gift idea. Love how it is personalized.


    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've made a couple of these for gifts in the past with photos in them and now I update the insert every year or so for my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's a great gift idea!! I just might try to find some of these for some teacher's gifts since I haven't done anything yet.

    Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is a fabulous gift idea...I think I need to have one of these for myself too - I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute, cute ideas just Love this line....

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great idea to do with the kids

    ReplyDelete
  27. OH--love these! I would love one....in my name!!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great idea, love the personalized touch and the goods to go in the mug!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I loved this! :) I will definitely be able to use it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the hot cocoa mug, a great gift idea that will be aprecciated :) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. you could even add a picture in there-those mugs are very forgiving! Great for grandparents and those who spend a lot of time commuting!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great idea!

    Jennifer
    morgansmom2000@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have one of those cups and didn't know what to put in it, now I do. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the mug, I have one with my name.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I was reviewing those great ideas and realized I missed this post... Love the set. The photo mug idea is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Can I get a mug like that? Pretty please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Neat idea! This would be a great grandparents gift!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is darling and I love the cocoa packet!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Yes ... I'd love to get this gift!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Yes, I would love it! Very fun gift idea!
    DeniseB

    ReplyDelete
  41. Super cute gift idea!!!! I love this one!

    ReplyDelete