Pages

▼

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside!


For the 3rd day of Christmas, how about a little Blog Hop to get the blood pumping? Cause you know when it is cold outside, you better get a move on to warm you up. Cold is something Cari Locken and I (Liz Qualman) know only too well - Cari being from Canada and me from Colorado. We get it! So to kick off our little hop, we have a challenge for you with a little motivation to get you going.
How about the entire Cottage Christmas collection just for two quick hops and a comment back here? Sounds like a great deal...right? Below are a few sneak peeks to get you thinking about our theme, but you have to visit both Cari's and my blog to determine what it is for sure. Please leave a comment on each of our blogs and then report back here to tell us what you think it is. Easy as hot chocolate, marshmallows and whipped cream on a cold winter day?
Here's a little tease from Cari to get you thinking about our theme, " I just love this time of the year. There’s so many exciting things happening and I find that we just get so busy with all the various activities & events that we forget to slow down and just enjoy being with each other. So, I created a project that will help me remember each & every day, all those special events, large or small, throughout this holiday season."
A little teaser from me - I am always amazed at how fast the time goes and how quickly winter is upon us here in Colorado. We are already on the ski slopes, putting up Christmas trees and lights and getting ready to hunker down and stay snuggled away from the cold. This project is a holiday reminder about the life we are living here in the Rocky Mountains. There is also a full tutorial on my blog and below.
Come visit us:

But Wait!!! For an added bonus, Teresa Collins is featuring the Imaginisce i-rock on her blog today as part of her Holiday countdown. Hop on over there and see what she has been up to and grab another opportunity to win some goodies!

Download Liz's complete tutorial below.

Mitten Wreath Tutorial -

163 comments:

  1. I loved both the projects with such a cute theme..mittens..who would have thought of it..so cute! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theme is mittens! Love what both of you did with the theme; lots of inspiration! Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your adorable projects....and the *mittens* theme. So stinkin' cute. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all those "mittens"! Wonderful theme for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have no need for 'Mittens' in FL. So it was super cute to see a way to use those mittens in my projects

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those mittens projects but there is nothing on Teresa@s blog about the i-rock tool...or have a missed it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mittens theme is so cute! Love the great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mitten wreath, I have been working on a wreath using stockings and the Cottage Christmas papers, it is turning out pretty amazing. I just love the bright, cheerful paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both mitten projects are super cute! Great job to both ladies! I love Cottage Christmas! My local store only has the paper and no accessories.

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those were both sucha dorable projects! I love mittens! Thanks for the great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the mitten projects! All I can say is...we want more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the MITTENS! The projects are both so fun and inspirational. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the mitten theme, I could not guess what it was from here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute cute cute mitten projects!!! And I need to get my hands on that gorgeous Cottage Christmas Collection...I love it! TFS!!!
    Hugs,
    joni
    arcocha@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the mitten theme, so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun!!!! I love the mitten theme. I have my fingers crossed inside my mittens that I will win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What cute mitten projects. The mitten album is such a cute idea to keep your memories in and the wreath is adorable. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Mittens, especially the wreath! I tried to post on Teresa's blog but it says "this post is closed". Thanks for always showing us great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Supercute mitten themed projects! So much inspiration in this quick little hop today! Thanks, Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks to Teresa Collins I found your blog.And I love it, so I'll be back everyday on my bloground !!So now I'm hopping to the two other blogs.
    I've left a comment overthere and the theme must be mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I believe that theme is "mittens" They have made stinkin' cute projects.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the mitten theme. What a great album for December.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mittens is such a cute theme!! Both of your projects are amazing. :)
    - April W

    ReplyDelete
  24. ok the mittens are adorable - such a cute and easy project!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really love anything with mittens. Cute projects and they will be something to work on in the next week! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love mitten projects - these are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just love all the mittens--they are just way too cute! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great theme!! I love the mittens album and the wreath. Thanks for showing!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Have to love mittens, especially this time of year. Thanks for sharing both your projects.
    Cathy S
    seashore@telus.net

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loved both mitten projects. You ladies are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an adorable idea!!!! I'm going to have to scraplift this idea for my door! Thanks! BTW, Ms. Emma from My Creative Time sent me here and I'm sooooo glad!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I was simply smittened with their mittens, adorable projects, love that kit!!
    miller896042atbellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the mitten theme and I adore the projects you shared with us!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Both projects are adorable! Love the mitten theme!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Found your site via Teresa Collins Wow. Love your blog. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  36. It's mittens! Both were very cute ideas. I really liked Cari's countdown to Christmas journal and the mitten wreath would be perfect in a classroom.

    thanks so much!

    juliemccrary@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Mittens are so cute. LOVE the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Both mitten themed projects are simply fabulous! Thanks for all the great inspiration, and a chance to win some great goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What wonderful mitten projects! Now if you will excuse me, you've inspired me so much I need to go get crafty! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love mittens anyway, and then to get some awesome ideas from you guys - wow! Thank you Cari and Liz!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a great idea for a wreath! Thanks for the inspiration, and I love mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Theme is Mittens. Love both of the projects. Super cute and thanks for sharing.
    tabitha4cm at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I must admit... I am glad I don't live in a snowy area any more! I will let you two enjoy the snow!!! lol!! Love the mitten theme and both projects were absolutely adorable!
    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Mittens!!! I love it! I wish we had snow but right now it is unseasonably warm for Nova Scotia!
    brigitteetleschats at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  45. MIttens! HOw adorable, love both projects and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  46. The theme is mittens! Love the ideas and would love to win the Cottage Christmas line! BTW...this was the first time I have ever done a blog hop...really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Both projects are just too cute! Thank you for sharing:) disneynut4life22@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love both of the holiday projects Cari and Liz shared! Love the theme of mittens and the Cottage Christmas collection is perfect for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love mittens it's so nice to see both ideas. thanks for all the awesome ideas and as soon as I am not working I am going to be creating

    ReplyDelete
  50. These papers are beautiful!! So cheery and festive!

    spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love your Christmas Cottage collection! Both ladies made super cute mittem projects! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love those mittens projects they are so stinking cute. Thank you for sharing.
    Lisa
    honeybearz2002@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. What super cute projects, love them ladies...♥

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love how you used the mittens theme. Cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  55. CUTE cute projects ladies! Love the mitten theme!

    ReplyDelete
  56. The album is perfect and I love that wreath. Mittens are important item here in Michigan!

    mjmarmo@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  57. Love all those "mittens"! Wonderful theme
    rebecca Minor
    buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  58. Love the mitten theme. Great idea and projects.

    ReplyDelete
  59. The mitten theme is great and so fitting for this time of year! Both are beautiful projects that I enjoyed seeing and reading about - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Love the mitten theme! Perfect for today since we had snow last night! Thanks for the great project ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  61. First time visitor here. I came from TC's blog. And I am glad I did. Would not have guessed mittens from the peak. They are both adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  62. This is such a cute theme! Gotta love the mittens :0)

    ReplyDelete
  63. Ok...I visited ALL 3 blogs...and WOW!!!! LOVE the mitten them! SUPER cute and you both did such ADORABLE projects! Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Oh my word, the mittens are just too CUTE! I'm so going to make something inspired by those projects!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Such a cute projects! Love all the different mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  66. I am wearing mittens all winter!! Cute projects and great giveaway Thanks for the chance and thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  67. A fun hop!! Thanks for sharing some adorable projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Wowzers! I'm so happy to have been sent here from Teresa Collins blog! I'm lovn' the "pink" and the mitten theme is Super Cute! Just became a follower, and cannot pull myself away from all of the goodness here...Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  69. mittens! love them! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Mittens, Mittens, Mittens! You girls are so inspiring! I loved your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Fantasic blog hop, and what fun 'Mitten' projects, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Very cute "mitten" projects. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Great bloghop...loved the projects and inspiration as well as the cottage Christmas line. Thanks imaginisce!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  74. The "mitten" projects were adorable! Thanks for sharing!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  75. Love the mitten theme! Both projects are so cute! Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  76. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  77. I love the mitten theme and the mitten projects were so adorable! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  78. I love both Cari and Liz's MITTEN projects!! Gotta love everything made out of Cottage Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  79. Mittens! I came. I hopped. I commented. :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  80. LOVE the mitten projects/theme!! So perfect for this cold weather!! This is a great line!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Mittens!!! Love the mini album and wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  82. LOVE, LOVE the mitten wreath and mini album!! TOO CUTE!! TFS and have a GREAT Day,
    Me-Ma Kim

    ReplyDelete
  83. Loved the mitten mini album! Sooo cute! I loved that she hand cut it herself. :-D Love the fuzzy yarn on the mittens for the wreath. Truly inspired! :-)

    dlwidder@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  84. Both projects are so adorable. I love the mitten theme.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Mittens! They are mittens!! AND HOW CUTE are those projects!?! I just loved them. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  86. Love the Mittens theme. Love both projects!! The patterned paper is so cute.....

    Thanks for the mini blog hop!!

    Nicole
    niclax13@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  87. Happy to be a new follower on your blog. Emma sent me!
    dakotadawn7553@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  88. love these projects (esp the mitten mini!) new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Both projects were so cute! Just love those mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  90. Those mittens are just too cute! Great job ladies! TFS

    Darlene
    desaucier at bellsouth dot net

    ReplyDelete
  91. The mitten album and wreath both rock.
    scrtsbpal at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  92. It's a mitten theme! How cute! Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas ;p

    ReplyDelete
  93. Love the mitten theme. Cute projects.

    ReplyDelete
  94. such a fantastic idea incorporating mitten in the wreath and as a holiday theme mini-album.

    ReplyDelete
  95. both projects are really cute, I love mittens

    ReplyDelete
  96. I love both of the mitten projects. Thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  97. the theme for your blog hop is mittens...nice, warm mittens done in such delightful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  98. I'm not sure where to put this comment but ..
    My Creative Time sent me.

    I love all the work I'm seeing on your blog.
    Love your products as well.

    monica.lowrance@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  99. What great ideas from the hop, I will have to 'borrow'' these ideas myself and mittens are so cute! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  100. Love both Mittens projects!!! Thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  101. Loved this mini-hop! Both of your mitten theme projects are adorable! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  102. Visited the blogs, love those projects with the mittens, what a cute theme!

    ReplyDelete
  103. Love the mittens theme! I'd love to create the wreath and the album!

    ReplyDelete
  104. Love the Mittens theme too. so cute. Such inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  105. "Mittens...Mittens" I visited both blogs, and was impressed with both the projects. I really loved the mitten wreath, but both were really cute. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Blessings, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  106. Well it seems that both Cari and you are trying to keep us warm with lots of mittens. I love her mini album and your wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  107. Mittens is the theme. Great projects ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  108. Love the mitten theme. Both projects were absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  109. Love, love, love both of your 'Mitten' themed projects. They are both brilliant and look perfect in those papers.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  110. Love the "mittens"...great inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  111. Love the use of all the mittens - especially that darling mini!

    ReplyDelete
  112. Love the mitten theme and the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  113. Love the mittens. Boy we need those today. 20 some degress out today and snowed the entire day. brrr. TFS

    stacy at mycraftingtime dot com

    ReplyDelete
  114. Very cute projects! Thanks for the chance to win a great giveaway!

    Melissa
    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  115. cute mitten project!! LOVE them in the wreath!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  116. Love the projects and the mittens are so stinkin cute! TFS and Happy Holidays!

    ~Angel

    ReplyDelete
  117. Love those mitten ideas! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  118. Both are great mitten ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  119. I never thought mittens could be used in such great ways! I love the inspiration! thanks for sharing!
    -TAmmy

    ReplyDelete
  120. Just now catching up from the weekend! Love the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  121. Great projects - I love both of them

    ReplyDelete
  122. Not sure how I missed this day. I love the idea for using a mini album for a daily album.

    ReplyDelete
  123. Great ideas! LOVE the mittens! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  124. What a fun blog hop! I love both the "MITTEN" projects. They are so fun and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  125. I really love your 12 days of christmas! And what a fun blog hop! So inspirational!

    Hugs Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  126. Super cute Mitten projects! I am so glad I stopped by! Great ideas ladies! :D Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  127. Great projects ladies! Love the mitten theme!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  128. MITTENS! so cute!! love both projects
    Jordan
    jordanoo@live.ca

    ReplyDelete
  129. MITTENS! Exactly what one needs on a cold, cold day!!! And both of those projects are just wonderful...can't wait to get started making them for gifts! Thanks for excellent instructions, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  130. The mittens are super cute and so appropriate for this time of year especially in Michigan. Love the projects. Thank you for the chance to win a giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  131. Love the mittens! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  132. Those mittens are adorable! Thanks for sharing such a sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  133. These mitten projects are just too cute! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  134. those mittens are awesome, love em :D

    ReplyDelete
  135. Those would be so cute with your kids' names on them, what a nice idea. thanks for sharing!

    dilsaverdesigns @ yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  136. Love the idea of the mittens! I am always looking for something other than snowflakes for winter since I live in Houston and it doesn't generally snow around here. Mittens are totally do-able though!

    ReplyDelete
  137. Both mitten projects were adorable. Thank you for your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  138. I commented on both blogs...it's been alot of fun hopping to all the different blogs you're showcasing...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  139. Love all the little mittens! Great projects! Love hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  140. Ladies..you have done an awesome job on these projects! I love, love, love the mittens! I have commented on both blogs and am a new follower :)
    Beth
    myserendipity.beth@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  141. I just made a bunch of mitten die cuts. These projects were super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  142. those mittens are just too cute.. great blog hop and thanks to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  143. I just love how liz's tutorial is done. That is too cool!!!
    I have to know, how is the picture done that is at the top to today's post???

    ReplyDelete
  144. Those little mitten albums are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete