Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Designer-A-Day: Tracy Gardiner


Hi there everyone – “My name is Tracy and I am a scrapaholic” (according only to my husband, Greg, of course). I am practising this little phrase for when (read “NEVER”) I have to check myself into rehab (or into Debtor’s Prison, whichever comes first … tee hee …) for this little (ummmm … errr ….) addiction I have. I am addicted to paper (patterned, plain, textured – I’m not too fussy), and craft knives and rub-ons and glimmer mist and smooch and flowers and dare I say, more paper, and … well, I believe the list goes on … and on … and on … oooh, and albums and scrapbooking tools of all shapes and sizes and die-cutting machines and Brad Makers and … Oh, I could go on forever …

You know I love my Greg (like madly) but I truly don’t understand what he is talking about when he says that there are Scrapbooking products ALL over the place (what??? They can’t be ALL over the place – let’s be realistic here …wink). Once, when my 13-year old son, Bryce, was much younger I gave him some paper and photos and stuff and told him to “unleash his creative spirit” – when his dad came home, he was horrified to see his little guy with (girly) scissors and (pretty) paper in his hands and he said something along the lines of … “My boy, you have crossed over to the dark side.” … tee hee …

I have read so many similar (sad) stories from ladies all over the world … I reckon it’s a “HUSBAND” conspiracy … there are loads of “scrappy-widowed” husbands who can keep track of us as we flit from LSS to LSS with their credit cards clutched tightly in our little paws, via their mobile phones when they beep for every transaction going through on their card … my dear husband (bless his gorgeous heart) had to cancel this sms service because he said he would develop blood pressure problems if it continued … tee hee …

All kidding aside, I adore my husband of 15 years (well 22, really because we dated for 7 years before we married … sigh …). I adore my teenage son (moods and all …). I adore this craft. I adore the many wonderful people I have had the privilege of meeting and teaching over the past 10 years. And yes, I do adore amazing paper and embellishments, etc …

I am so very, very honoured to have been chosen as a Design Team Member for a company, whose products I have long admired (read drooled over … literally … tee hee …) and I hope to bring a little scrappy inspiration your way with their awesome, awesome new lines. I am awed by the Company I will be keeping with my fellow DT-ers and I can’t wait to work with them.

I am a linear, neat scrapper and I love detail but my very, very favouritest (there must be a word like that!!!) part of scrapbooking is telling the story so you may get to know me (and all those around me I hijack for photographs) a whole lot better over the next year. Please join me in this very exciting journey … I can’t wait to get to know you too …

Visit Tracy's blog and we hope you love her cute creations using some of our popular collections.





8 comments:

Cindy S. said...

WOW! Love your bio AND your projects. I NEVER think to paper craft for decorative purposes. TY for the inspo! love your work & can't wait to see more! Congrats on making the DT!

Sophia said...

Big shoutout to my BFF Tracy, nice to see your name up here...!!!

Aphra Bolyer said...

Hi Tracy! Glad to "meet" you. I feel like I know you after reading that fab bio! Love your work and can't wait to see more!

Shemaine Smith said...

Beautiful designs Tracy!! Love your work. So nice to meet you!

Samantha said...

Hiya Tracy!!! Awesome that you made this DT!

Melinda Spinks said...

Hi Tracy, must say... I got such a giggle from your Bio, congrats and can't wait to see more of your wonderful crafts.

Tracy said...

Thanks for the welcome and kind words, Girls ...

I am still so super-excited about making this DT ... still floating on that Cloud ... awesome stuff ...

Love, Tracy G

Liz said...

Love your altered work! Those pinwheels are fabulous. Looking forward to more ideas from you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails