Apple of My Eye Layout Instructions
We've received a few emails from our fans asking us to post more instructions on projects on our blog and so we thought we'd start with this darling layout by Amy Mitchell. We loved how she used the Apple Cider Collection and i-rock tool/gems on the layout. The only thing missing is the pattern for the apple. She of course freehanded it and we'll try and post a pattern on next week. I would suggest using your Cricut cartridge for a simpler way to create the yummy apple.
- 1- Apple Crisp Paper
- 1- Cinnamon Sticks Paper
- 1- Nature Trails Ribbon
- 1- Coordinating Green Cardstock (Bazzill Dotted Swiss Cardstock – Irish Eyes)
- 1- Dark Brown Cardstock (Bazzill Mud Pie)
- 1- Dark Red Cardstock
- 1- White Cardstock
- 1- Butter Cardstock
- i-rock Tool
- Swirl Stencil Kit (stencil only)
- Hot Rocks Compact- Jewel
- Hot Rocks Compact- Multi
- Chestnut Roan Chalk Ink, ClearSnap
- Sewing Machine with brown thread
- Scalloped border punch with holes
- Trim and center 10 x 10” Green Cardstock on Apple Crisp Paper and stitch with straight stitch ¼” from edge.
- Stitch again weaving slightly over other stitches to create desired look.
- Mount 1- 5 x 7” photo and 1- 4 ¼ x 3 ¾” photo in place as shown.
- Trim 2- 12 x 2” Cinnamon Sticks Paper and stitch down center, folding into uneven pleats as you sew.
- Trim 10 x 3” Brown Cardstock and punch both sides with scalloped border.
- Adhere pleated ruffle to brown cardstock and trim excess from end. Mount to page.
- Using pattern, piece apple together. Ink around outside of apple and stem.
- Adhere i-rock “seeds” to apple according to package directions.
- Trim 3 ½ x 2 ¾” journaling tag from white cardstock, punch top edge, ink and tie with ribbon.
- Print and trim “of my eye” from Butter Cardstock. Ink edges and mount with foam tape.
- Mount journal tag and apple with foam tape as shown.
- Using swirl stencil and i-rock tool, adhere copper colored rhinestones.
LAST CHANCE TO WIN....So it's the last day to win the Apple Cider Collection here on our blog. So I'll make it easy...leave us a comment that even though you may not win today that you'll come back NEXT WEEK and try to win some of our new Cottage Christmas Collection...because we're hosting another Release Party!! Have a great weekend!