Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Introducing ...

Throughout the month of January we will be introducing
our 2012 Design Team members to you.
You will enjoy getting to know them as they share 5 interesting facts about themselves and 1 secret that no one else knows .... (that is, until now!)


Today we would like to introduce to you ....

Here are 5 facts about Abby:

  1. I'm not a big current TV viewer. Other than Parenthood and a few reality shows. I don't watch much current TV at all. However, I love old movies and sitcoms! I've seen every episode of I Love Lucy. The Honeymooners, Dick Van Dyke Show, and a few others. When I was expecting and on bed rest for the last month, every night I watched a movie from Hollywood's golden era 1930-59. I'm not sure why I'm so fascinated with classic entertainment ... but I'd rather get comfy on the couch with an old show any day than with most current ones.
  2. I'm Greek but I don't care for any Greek foods. I once wen to a fancy Greek restaurant with several people who are not Greek. All of them ordered dishes like pastitsio and brizoles. I ordered a grilled cheese sandwish and french fries.
  3. I was born and raised in a not-so-safe part of Chicagoland. My family moved to central Illinois when I was 13 and it was very difficult for myself as a teenager to adjust to the farm and country lifestyle. I rebelled. I was a C/D/F student (with the exception of As in Art!) and quit school my junior year. Years later in my 20s I acheived my GED and went to college majoring in psychology and early childhood education. For the past 10 years, I've worked for our school district, the last several years as a substitute. I work in some of the same classes I used to ditch. Whoda thunk it?
  4. I love winter!! It's by far my favorite season I honestly wish it could be winter all year long. I'm not completely crazy. I do enjoy a nice warm and breezy summer day, but I hate to be hot and sweaty. There's just something about the chilly temps, being wrapped in a warm blanket or coat, beautiful snowfalls, longer peaceful evenings in my jammies with hot cocoa, and kids with pink noses and cheeks that I'll never tire of.
  5. I'm a big chicken! I'm afraid of so many things. I've lost count of all the phobias I have. I've never flown in a plane (I've yet to understand how they stay in the sky!). I'm afraid of bugs (anything larger than a gnat and I'm screaming like a sissy girl!), complete darkness (there's a nightlight in every room of my home), most all amusement park rides (you couldn't pay me millions to get on a roller coaster!), reptiles, cemeteries, horror movies, heights, the list goes on and on. It's amazing how I've survived for 39 years! LOL!
And a secret I've never shared with anyone ...
Although I normally take time with my scrapbooking projects, relax and enjoy the creative process ... most of my super favorite projects were made with a quick deadline and a large can of redbull. :)

I'm beyond thrilled and honored to be on the Imaginisce team, and I excitedly look forward to all the creating and sharing in 2012!

*****

Thanks Abby for sharing a little bit about yourself! We're looking forward to seeing your creations this year too! Hope you're enjoying the snow!
You can follow Abby and see more her beautiful work on her blog.

*****

We'll be taking a little break from the Design Team intro's next week but we hope you'll join us on Monday for a week-long party as we celebrate the release
of our newest collection Sole Sisters!

The Design Team has been hard at work creating up a storm with this new collection and you are sure to love each & every project that they share next week!
PLUS we'll be giving away a collection of this new release!!
So you definitely don't want to miss next week!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it Abby! That was fun to read!

Sue said...

Hey Abby!!! Congratulations again for becoming a member of the Imaginisce. I am so excited for you and can't wait to see all of the fantastic work you will create. Great intro.

April said...

SO excited to see this intro!! I'm so proud and happy for you that you're part of this amazing team Abby!
- April

Melissa said...

Great to get to know you even better, Abby! Congratulations!

Theresa said...

Abby, it is so awesome to see you as part of the team here. i have always loved your work and can't wait to see what you will be creating with Imaginisce's awesome collections.

Chelle said...

Can't wait to see your work. Thanks for sharing.

andrea said...

Abby, Congrats on making the Team and sharing a bit about yourself with us. Looking forward to lots of great ideas.

The Sole Sister Colection looks like it will have a customer in my house! My daughter is the queen of shoes. Show me some ideas!

Vicki said...

Abby, I loved reading your intro. Congrats on being on the team.

Barbara Greenberg said...

What a great intro, I loved learning all this about you.
Your creativity whether hours of work or last minute are fantastic

Unknown said...

Welcome to Imaginisce Abby!

Adora Concepcion said...

i love reading about you abby!!

Regina Mangum said...

Yay, Abby! Love your facts and you and I share pretty much all the same phobias...flying well-medicated in my case, though, LOL! So glad to be on this wonderful team with you! XOXO

Sandi said...

Abby + Imaginisce = Dream Team. Can't wait to see your creations and Imaginisce's new collections. Congratulations on making the team!

Dawn said...

Congrats on making the team. I know how super thrilled you are. I did learn alot more about you. Especially like your secret. :)

Me-Ma Kim said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Abby! You SO Deserve this! Can't wait to see all the AWESOME thing I know you will be creating! Have a GREAT Day,
Me-Ma Kim

Shellye McDaniel said...

Abby! I'm so with you on the TV watching...I'd rather watch I Love lucy or an old B&W movie on TCM than anything else :)
So happy to be working with you this year!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

It was fun reading about you! lol at the large can of RedBull comment ;)
Looking forward to getting to know you this year!!

Ashley said...

That's our Abby! Great intro! I loved reading about you and learned some things I didn't know. Congrats again on making the Imaginisce DT! You SOOO deserve it!!!

~Ashley

Ohjodi said...

You're so creative! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your craft...

Unknown said...

Great getting know you, Abby! Welcome to the team!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails