Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Week - Day 1



Teachers play such a significant role in our children's lives and with the school season coming to a close we often like to shower them with gifts and gratitude for all that they have done over the past year.

Today we want to share with you some great gift ideas to honor these special individuals.
(We also want to remind you to hop on over to the designers blogs as they share more photos and details about their projects.)



My daughter had a great teacher this year that always made sure good behavior was noted and rewarded. I heard from my daughter that kids sometimes got Smarties for good behavior or being "smart", but that the teacher recently ran out.

So I decided to make a treat jar that she could have on her desk that would be cute and useful, and I filled it to the brim with some more Smarties. This is a big plastic jar that housed almonds originally. I had it sitting around for a week or two, just waiting for the right project to come along.

Supplies: Imaginisce (Hello Cupcake: Papers, die-cuts, canvas stickers); Maya Road (trim); October Afternoon (Boldletter stickers); other (recycled plastic jar, candy)



I work at all the schools in our district and the staff often needs notecards for each other or parents, etc. I decided to gift a teacher friend with a card set. A sweet little box with four adorable cards inside and the box is reusuable!


Supplies: Imaginisce (Geek is Chic: papers, die-cuts); other (white cardstock); The Twinery (twine); Paper Smoothes (sentiment stamp); clear plastic sheet

We hope that you inspired by today's projects to create some gifts for the teachers in you & your child's life.

We would love to hear what you've been creating for a teacher or if you have a project created already please share it with us on our Facebook page.
We may just feature you on our i-spy this Friday!!


*********

Have you been to our Facebook page lately?
Did you see this fun image?

Oh yes!!!
We are getting ready to PARTY!!!!

Spread the word ... once we reach 10,000 fans we are going to have a HUGE celebration with tons of goodies and prizes!!

*********

Join us again tomorrow and the rest of the week for fun teacher gift ideas!

14 comments:

Čepaitė said...

Really nice idea, I love that card box!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous...love all of these!

Unknown said...

I need to create a teacher's gift, and I've been looking for some inspiration. Thank you, I've finally have some ideas

Adora Concepcion said...

Wow, these are fabulous!!

Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE that little set of cards!

Crafty Aunt Dee said...

2 great ideas for teachers. Loved the "just a note" font, It really made the cards standout. Thanks for sharing.

sharon g said...

I am big on thank yous! I probably make more thank you cards than any other type.

scrapperbecka said...

Thanks for sharing I am trying to come up with some nice teacher gifts and these are perfect

April said...

Amazing projects!!

Liz said...

Yay on 10K
I'll send another reminder to my fb buds if they haven't liked to go do so

Regina Mangum said...

Let's get to 10,000! Love all the projects today!

Lolô Artesanato said...

Cute projects!
xx
Leila

Kray said...

These are very cute gifts!

howo34 said...

The jar is very cool and I love the card set, great idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails