Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

I-rock cards by Aimee Kidd


Welcome to another week (Designer a Day) of fabulous projects by our designers!
As you may recall, we are featuring one design team member each day this month. They are sharing projects that they have created using an Imaginisce tool of their choice along with a summer theme.

Today we have designer Aimee Kidd sharing some beautiful 'all-occasion' cards with a summery feel to them.



Inspirational Card Set

It's always nice to have a set of cards on hand when your in a time crunch. So today I have a set of inspirational cards that would be great for any occasion. And to give them a special touch, I added a lot of bling to each one with the wonderful I-Rock tool and all of the great Hot Rocks and Glam Rocks.



If you'll notice in the picture above I've chosen 3 collections which I made my cards from. My "dream big" card is from the Outdoor Adventure collection. I based the whole card around the journal piece with the moon and stars. I also used one of the new Imaginisce Silhouette cuts....the stars! Aren't they cute?!?!



My next card was made with the "Good Dog" collection. I am absolutely crazy about the colors and patterns in this collection! They are perfect for creating projects that have nothing to do with dogs.


And my last card was made from the "Childhood Memories" collection. This one I thought would be adorable if I used the circle pattern as part of my focal point of the card. 



The I-Rock tool is so simple to use it really doesn't need a tutorial but I thought I would do one anyway....just in case. The first and most important part of this tutorial (well, in my mind anyway) is what kind of tape to use when you're using the templates. NEVER use any kind of wrapping tape. It doesn't come up easily and most of the time it will tear your paper. Always use some kind of painter's tape. It holds the template down and comes off without making any kind of boo-boos on your project.


After you have the template in place just start placing your Hot Rocks or Glam Rocks in the pattern holes, heat up your I-Rock tool, and go to town getting those beauties adhered to your project. Like I said, this tool is so easy to use.....and it's FUN!! 



Supplies Used:
Imaginisce - pattern paper (Outdoor Adventure, Good Dog, Childhood Memories), Alphas (Outdoor Adventure), I-Rock tool, Glam Rocks, Hot Rocks, Imaginisce Sky Scene (Silhouette) cut
Other - May Arts ribbon, The Twinery Twine, Silhouette

2 comments:

Angela said...

These are super cute! I might have to steal your Love card idea, need a couple wedding ones. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute cards Aimee! Love them all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails