Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Taping it up with Cari

There are a ton of ideas out there (on Pinterest, online galleries) that show you how to use Washi Tape. Today designer Cari Locken shares one of her ideas with this fabulous altered frame!


Altered Wooden Frame

Hi everyone!
This is a super easy (and cheap!) way to decorate any wooden frame.  All you need is some Washi Tape and patterned paper to make some flowers.

I used the Washi Tape from the Love You More collection and a variety of Roly Rosies along with the Hybrid Petal Roller.

Here's a look at what I created.  I actually printed off two 4"x 6" cards - that way I can change the saying after a while.  (these are designs created by Rebecca Cooper)



I began by collecting all of my supplies.



I started adhering the washi tape on an angle at the top left corner.  



When I came to the inside corner I just used my cute little pink Imaginisce scissors (from the i-tool Basics Kit) and made 2 small slits.



 I then simply folded the pieces back and adhered them to the frame creating a nice clean look (make sure to not cut the slits to close to the inside wooden edge though).



 Here's what the frame looked like when it was all covered with washi tape.



Then I began the process of creating a bunch of rolled flowers using the Roly Rosies and Hybrid Petal Roller.  These flowers come in a variety of colors, patterns and shapes so the variety made for a nice cluster at the bottom of my frame.

If you're not sure how to create these you can check out THIS VIDEO on YouTube. It's super easy.

Now it's my turn to roll, and roll ... and roll!!
Yes, it take a bit of time to do a few of them but the end result is so pretty.



Once the flower is rolled up I simply put a gluedot (I actually used 2 for extra "stickiness").



 Once the flower was adhered I used the petal roller to curl the petal edges back on each flower.




I finished off the project by adding a bow at the top of the frame.


Thanks for popping by the Imaginisce blog today!

Supplies:
Imaginisce - Love You More collection (Washi Tape); Roly Rosies (Neutrals & Pinks), Hybrid Petal Roller
Other - May Arts (Grey ribbon), Xyron High Tack Adhesive Dots, Quotes (Rebecca Cooper)

2 comments:

ALINE said...

Beautiful! I loved this idea!

Suzanna Lee said...

These are AMAZING Cari!! I admire your fortitude rolling all those flowers - no mater how I try, those things and I just don't get along!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails