Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Countdown with Mary Pat


Today design team member Mary Pat Siehl is sharing a variety of holiday themed projects with us.

*********

I love making home decor items for my house and this holidy/winter collection is so perfect for this.  I went to my local big box store and picked up a couple of wooden letters.  I painted the outer edges black and then traced the letters onto my Imaginisce papers.  I then cut them out and put a nice healthy layer of Modge Podge on them and adhered them to the wooden letters.  I let them dry over night and then added another layer on the outside to  seal it all.  After another day of drying, I inked my edges in black distress ink to finish it off.  This will look awesome on my mantel this year!




I also love to make my own holiday cards for my close friends at work.  I think the homemade card just adds a nice touch.  This collection is just so perfect for card makers.  I quickly made these 4 cards using the paper collection, I Rock, and I Top.











supply list for all projects
Imaginisce paper, I Rock, I Top, Hot Rocks, Glam Rocks, Brad Daddies
Tim HOltz distress ink
The twinery twine
modge podge
wooden letters
acrylic paint black

1 comment:

Angela said...

Very fun projects and super cute cards!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails