Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mother's Day Cards

Check out these amazing cards to celebrate Mom!



Mother's Day Cards

I decided to work with my Silhouette Cameo to help in the creation of my cards today!  I used a cut file for the first one that was in the shape of the word MOM.



I cut the base in white so that I could use some pretty patterns in the rest of it. The colors of "Welcome Spring" are perfect for making those Mother's Day cards too! 



As I worked on it I realized I needed something extra so I cut out the "I heart mom" phrase in yellow to add an extra pop of color and added a shadow to it. A fussy cut yellow butterfly added the final touch.

For my second card I was inspired by the patterns on the paper and decided to do some serious fussy cutting to create ruffles.  I love looking at patterned papers and trying to find some different way to use them!  I used the 6 X 6 paper pad for this so that the cuts were more card sized.



After cutting and adhering the rows of scallops, I rolled them up so that they got that ruffle look.  I then went through and added IRocks throughout the rows.  


I liked the look of the sentiment on my last card. So I used the same sentiment cut from my Silhouette as I did on the previous card and added a simple knot at the top of the card to finish it off.

Supplies Used:
Imaginisce: Patterned Paper (Welcome Spring), IRocks
American Crafts: Cardstock

3 comments:

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Christine, these are so fabulous! I love the shaped card and the fussy cutting you did on the second one, Wow.

Monique Liedtke said...

Wow Christine!! Awesome cards girl!! love the fussy cutting you did!

Jodi said...

SO PRETTY!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails