Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Birthday Banner

Decorating for a party or any festive occasion can be so much fun. That personal touch of a hand crafted item can make all the difference too.


Michelle Philippi

Birthday Banners



Hello Imaginisce fans!

I’m on a banner kick lately.  I made a couple for my daughter’s birthday, a couple for a tea party we hosted, a spring banner, then Easter before that....  Quite a few of them.  My son’s birthday is at the end of this month and I enlisted the help of my daughter to make a couple of banners for him.




She punched a bunch of little circles, stars, and birthday cakes from out of patterned paper from Imaginisce’s My Baby and Little Princess collections.
I know that Little Princess isn’t really for a boy, but this boy has a crazy sweet tooth and I really wanted to use the cupcake sheet from that collection.  But then those pieces wouldn’t coordinate perfectly with the My Baby pieces.  Soooo....  I decided to add in some foil cupcake papers (some small and some normal size) to tie both banners together.





And then I did a lot of sewing.  Truth be told – I am no seamstress.  I only bought my sewing machine for sewing on cards – LOL  So I feel pretty good about making banners with it too.  Super easy to just feed the pieces through over and over again.  Another cool part about stitching a banner together like this is not having to punch holes and string the banner pieces.  Saves time; and we’re all about that Winking smile




And the end result?  Super fun banners to hang up for the birthday boy.







xoxo
Michelle

Supply List - 
Imaginisce:  Patterned Paper (My Baby & Little Princess)

7 comments:

Amy C. said...

How clever! You did an awesome job on this garland.

Angela said...

Oh fun! Love the stars!!! Totally awesome!

TracyM #6773 said...

FUN banner Michelle :)
LOVE the silver against the pretty punched shapes!!!
THANK YOU for sharing how easy it is to sew all the pieces together ... I had one bad experience using my sewing machine for papercrafting and confess that I have avoided it ever since, might just try making a birthday banner now!!!

Rebecca rande said...

what great fun banners!!!

Rebecca rande said...

what great fun banners!!!

Iris said...

Really cute.
isoscia at aol dot com

cghundley said...

How fun! I've
yet to make a
banner, but I got
a sewing machine
for my b-day, so
now I'll have to
make some up!
Carla from Utah

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails