Check out this amazing layout created by DT member Suzanna.
You'll definitely want to dust off your i-rock and get creating!
Rocking the iRock
Suzanna here today to share with you one of my favorite Imaginisce tools. Imaginisce is known, amongst other things, for their tools. In fact, my first encounter with Imaginisce was via the iRock, a heat setting tool. A friend introduced me to it years ago. It's still a go to tool for me. So much so that it's one I carry around in my tool caddy with me when I go to retreats or crops.
Today I'd like to show you how to use your iRock to adhere gems (known in the Imaginisce world as HotRocks or GlamRocks) to your layouts in your own pattern or shape.
Gather your supplies;
- HotRocks or GlamRocks
- reverse tension tweezers
- iRock jewel tray
1. Use a die cut or free hand cut the shape that you would like to use for the outline on your layout/card. In my case, a star.
2. Pour the HotRock or GlamRock of choice into the jewel tray, making it easier to access the bling that you want to use.
3. Using your tweezers, pick up the gems and arrange them within the outline of the shape.
4. Turn on our iRock and set it over the gem, then depress the button that activates the heat, thus melting the glue to affix the gem. I count to 10 and usually the gem is affixed. There is also a subtle slide of the gem as the glue melts.
- Don't push down too hard. No downward force is needed.
- If you have a lot of gems you are heat setting, make sure you have a fresh set of batteries in the iRock.
- The metal does get hot, believe me, don't touch it! Make sure it cools before handling.
Imaginisce - iRock, HotRocks, Jewel Tray, Reverse Tension Tweezers, Little Princess Patterned paper and die cuts
Other - Letter Stickers: Studio Calico
Thanks for visiting the blog today! I hope you're inspired to pull out your iRock and use it!