Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Turkey Table Talk!!

Looking for some Thanksgiving table decor ideas?
Check out this project by Marcia!! Adorable!!






'Thanksgiving Turkeys For Your Table'
Are you looking for some Thanksgiving table decor? I love decorating for a party! These turkeys are going to look great on my Thanksgiving tables. The inspiration for these came from a Minnesota scrapbook store in Pine City. 



I saw rosette turkeys while on a girl's outing last Spring and thought to myself... I need to make something similar to that!  The Imaginisce Bushel O' Fall pattern papers were a perfect choice. I love those yellow, orange, and reds mixed with a touch of teal blue. 

These turkeys were easy to make. I created 3 rosettes using 1", 1.25", and 1.5" strips of pattern papers. I used my i-Top punches to cover the middle of the rosette, so it still looks like turkey feathers. Use a small in the front and a large one in the back to cover the hole in the middle. You want them to look nice from a back view too. 





Supplies:
Imaginisce : Pattern Papers (Bushel O'Fall), i-Top, small, large punches, i-Bond Hot Glue Gun

3 comments:

cghundley said...

Super cute and I want
to make some, but
what did you use to
make the head of
the turkey and did
you just glue it on
or cut a slit?
Carla from Utah

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Carla, the turkey body is a Silhouette cut file Design ID #4011 which I altered slightly removing the feet and tail. The turkey body is glued in a slit of the rosette, then the punched circle is slit and glued on top of the rosette. Hope this helps.

TracyM #6773 said...

WOW - these are SO COOL Marcia!!!
I LOVE making rosettes and this is such a fun & clever way to use them - thank you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails