Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Getting ready for the holidays with Family Fun!

We love how Christine used this new release, Family Fun!!  With Christmas around the corner this is such a fun idea!


Christmas Ornaments


Family Fun is such a fun new line that is full of vibrant colors and the perfect designs for crafting family.  I really love the die cut paper dolls and decided to make Christmas Ornaments for each of my kiddos using them.  Each year I give each of my kids a new ornament and they build up a collection - so this will be there ornament for the year!




For each ornament I followed a similar format - the base is a white tag with a coordinating strip of patterned paper on it.  Then I decorated a paper doll with clothes. I also added some coordinating glitter tape and wooden stars. This first one is my little girl!  I also used my IRock tool to add a little sparkle to her bow.



For each doll I added their first initial using the IRock tool.  This was the most time consuming part but I absolutely love how it makes the dolls even more personalized!



Next up comes my oldest son.  The paper doll packs come with all boys or all girls and lots of variety in hair colors and skin tones.  Even with three sons I was able to make mine work from one pack.



My little blondie was the hardest one to create.  Doing a B with the IRock required nice steady hands - but as you can see I got it!  He gives me the biggest run for my money, so it's only fitting that I struggled a little with his ornament right!?! :)



I also got out my cordless glue gun to add the buttons.  I love the light on the end of this glue gun and the fact that I never have to find a plug to use it!



Last up is my middle boy.  His favorite color is green so I had to focus the ornament and his outfit on green.  I can't wait to give these to them and see their excitement when they realize I made them to look like them!

Supplies Used:
Imaginisce: Patterned Paper, IRocks, Die Cuts, Buttons
American Crafts: Glitter Tape, Stars

1 comment:

TracyM #6773 said...

CUTE and FUN ornaments Christine - LOVE how you have included the sparkly monograms on their shirts :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails