Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

Make a Splash

Today we welcome design team member Nathalie with her first post on the Imaginisce blog! And check out this fabulous double paged layout!!




Hi it's Nathalie here today and I am so very excited to share my very first project as part of the Imaginisce Design Team! I have been playing with the brand new "Par-r-rty Me Hearty" collection and it inspired me to create a (rare) double pager!

We have been going to Legoland California for years and the pirate theme of the collection was perfect for one of the rides called Splash Battle:




This is not the first time that I combine a regular layout with a "faux" pocket page and I just love this combination! The left side is a classic design created on patterned paper and the right side is designed like a pocket page but without the special page protector. I simply adhere my photos and homemade cards on a 12x12 cardstock.



I had a lot of fun with the die-cuts and the cut-ups from the "Par-r-rty" sheet of paper and since the ride is called Splash Battle I used one of the paper strips from the bottom of a patterned paper as my title.




I also added paint splashes in several areas and as I always enjoy adding a bit of sewing on my pages, I sewed the pennants (also from the "Par-r-rty" paper).



For the right side of my double pager, I created three 3x4 cards where I layered different embellishments with adhesive foam.



I love this combination because it allows me to use many photos (I have 8 here, including five 4x6!) without it looking overcrowded. You should try it if you haven't yet!


Supplies:

Imaginisce: patterned papers, die-cuts, stickers, puffy stickers (Parrrty Me Hearty). American Crafts: cardstock

1 comment:

Laura Creates said...

This is a really great spread!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails