Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

Valentine Card Set

If you love making cards for Valentine's Day then you are sure to love these beauties!!





Hi everyone!
Melissa here with a couple of cards to share with you today. Valentine’s Day is close and love is in the air. What better way to share some love with someone than a heartfelt card. While the Parrrty Me Hearty collection may not lend itself as a contender for Valentine projects, I will be showing you today that it indeed is! This is when the “b” side of pattern papers come in handy! I also find this to be a great way to stretch your product. By looking at each piece with a different perspective, you might be surprised at all the clever things you can create that are not related to the original theme of the paper collection.
Here is the first card I created:



For this card, I used some of the patterns that had some of the mellow patterns and lots of pink! Using two different sizes of heart punches, I created a cluster of hearts at the center of the card. This was done on top of some ink splatter I did. I love the texture that paint splatter provides. It seems to fill in all the gaps that seem to be lacking at times.


I fussy cut the flowers and greenery to add some more variety to the overall design.  I love how the blue Thickers alpha just pops off the page! It contrasts quite nicely with the pink and green. 


Here is the next card I created:


For this one, I found a cute heart cut file from the Silhouette store. I love the scallop and layered look. This particular paper from the Parrrty Me Hearty collection worked so well! I also love how the sea stars can just look like regular stars too. Although, the seashell from the die cut kind of gives the ocean vibe away. 


And speaking of the die cut, I incorporated the flower again but cut one of the die cuts in half and layered it behind the heart. So easy and such a fun element to the design of the card.


Thank you for swinging by today and I hope that you are finding some time to create your own lovey cards. Perhaps now you can see another fun way to use your Parrrty Me Hearty papers!

Supplies:
Imaginisce Product: Paper, Die Cuts, Thickers and Puffy Stickers: Parrrty Me Hearty Collection

Melissa

3 comments:

Laura Creates said...

Beautiful cards Melissa!

Unknown said...

I love that you went out of the box and used other colors than the same pinks and reds! Just wonderful!

Monique Liedtke said...

Fabulous cards Melissa!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails