Pages

Monday, May 30, 2016

Miami Beach 2016

We hope that you have all been enjoying the long weekend celebrating Memorial Day!  To start this week off we have the talented Katie sharing this fabulous scrapbook layout with us.




Katie Rose


Hi everybody! Katie here today sharing a layout using the Sunny collection! The weather has been so nice lately up here in my neck of the woods in New Hampshire and it has me longing for summer! So I am getting my fix in by reminiscing about our recent vacation. I made this page about our day at Miami Beach. The Sunny collection was the perfect fit for it! I think New England beaches and Florida beaches are two different vibes. I recently created a layout about the New England coast using Sunny and now I am documenting Miami with it! The collection is so versatile and has pieces that coordinate with either of these beach settings. Here is the layout I made...



I choose a grid design using 3x4 photos and the journaling cards cut from the Sunny patterned paper. I backed each of the journaling cards with patterned paper just to make them pop a little more since a couple of the would have been white on white without it. The one with the lines was perfect to hold my journaling.



On the card with the camera I added the "surfs up" transparent die cut backed with white cardstock. I put that over the word "summer" that is on that card because these pictures are not from the summer. I like that it adds dimension to the card as well.



I liked that so much that I added a die cut to the other two journaling cards as well.



I cut down the white card stock background to 11"x11" and put it on the yellow shell patterned paper. To finish it off I added my title and a strip of patterned paper to the bottom and a few phrase stickers atop each photo.

Supplies Used:

Imaginisce: patterned paper, die cuts, stickers (Sunny)

American Crafts: card stock

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails