Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Blueberry Garden

We just love the sunshine design that Marcia created using our Milk Paint.


Marcia Dehn-Nix

'Blueberry Garden'




Ever since buying our first house, I have had a garden!  I sometimes have to ask myself why I bother, especially after spending 4 hours weeding the thing and every muscle in my body hurts. I could just go to the Farmer's Market after all. Like scrapbooking, I find it therapeutic though. I like seeing my plants flourish. I like being able to share my bounty with family and friends as well as feed my family well into the winter months and I know that everything I grow is organic. Over the years I have tried various different plants. When my daughter had a pet rabbit, I grew lettuce, kale, spinach, and lots of herbs. Last year, I decided to try growing my own blueberries. I bought hybrid bushes that could withstand the Minnesota cold winters, and was thrilled to see that they all survived their first winter. Now I just have to wait and see if they will produce fruit. 


My layout today documents my blueberry gardening attempt. I selected a variety of the blue pattern papers from Heartland Farms. 


To add a little more color, I mixed some Imaginisce milkpaint with a little gesso to create a paste I could use with a stencil to create my sun rays. 







I even included a few blueberry i-Top brads :)
 



Supplies:
Imaginisce : Pattern Papers, Die Cuts, Wooden Pieces (Heartland Farm), Alpha Stickers (Outdoor Adventure) Milkpaint, iTop, Small Brad Daddies
American Crafts: Cardstock, Black Homestead Alphabet Thickers, Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Navy
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails