Pages

Monday, December 14, 2015

JOY Home Decor frame

Wow! Only 11 more days until Christmas Day!! I'm sure some of you are ready and have those gifts all packaged & wrapped up already right?
I certainly am not ready so I'm glad that I still have another week or so to prepare.  The tree is up and decorations have graced the home so at least that part is done.

Speaking of home decor for the holidays you have to check out this gorgeous piece of art by design team member Marica.


Marcia Dehn-Nix

'JOY Home Decor Frame'
 
I recently went to a neighbor's Christmas party and was amazed by all her beautiful Christmas decorations. I counted 23 trees, 7 of which were full size. She had a framed letter that she wrote to Santa herself circa 1960. Next to it was a frame silhouette portrait of herself when she was about that age. What a neat idea! When I returned home, I looked around at my walls and thought, I need to step up my game here. I needed a framed Christmas print to hang on my wall instead of the usual painting. Not having Santa letters or Silhouettes here is what I came up with ...



The striped paper is from the Happy Traveler collection. I cut the letters out on a diagonal so it would look more like candy cane stripes. 


Instead of an "O", I decided to create a 3D Star. 


I wrapped the star with twine and hung a Christmas tag from it to make it more festive. You can see I used my i-Rock to add some red gemstones to the tag. I love how it turned out.


 
 
Supplies:
Imaginisce : Pattern Papers (Happy Traveler), Die Cut (Christmas Cheer), i-Rock, Red gemstones
American Crafts: Cardstock

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails