Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Shiver Me Timbers

We just love all the details & how Laura incorporated so many pieces of our new Parrrty Me Hearty collection into her layout.




Shiver Me Timbers

Today is a big day for me; it is my first reveal over at Imaginisce!  I was so excited to get my first DT box and as luck would have it I had free time to create, and then I got a case of nerves and I was terrified to make that first cut!   In the end I turned to my stash of sketches to help get me through my nerves and create this first page


I am so lucky to have some pirate themed photos of my youngest son, taken at Disney's Pirate League experience. This Par-r-rty Me Hearty collection is so perfect for this event, but I have lots of others ideas to use more of this fun collection down the road, too!


This week we are having a handwriting theme at Imaginisce, I added handwritten journaling, which is a no brainer.  But I also created a custom cut file of my handwriting for the title, using my Silhouette software - so fun! I used some fun puffy stickers to dot my "i's".


I trimmed this tag out of the Par-r-rty patterned paper and hung a little 'charm' on it with some button floss.  Can I just tell you how mush I love these charms, they are foam backed - so nicely dimensional.


Although I am using a die cut for my title, I couldn't resist adding a subtitle using the fabulous teal Thickers that coordinate with this collection!


I created a little cluster of embellishments on the right side of my photo, using this adorable skeleton pirate (could he be any more perfect?) and a "charm", a sticker as well as some puffy stickers.  I finished it off with the die cut flag that I altered with two little punched holes and a tooth pick, positioning it as if the pirate were holding it.  I couldn't help it, the cuteness just consumed me!

I finished off my page with some machine stitching and a bit of teal Mr. Huey's.


Supply List:
American Crafts cardstock; Imaginisce Par-r-rty Me Hearty patterned papers, stickers, puffy stickers, die cuts, charms and Thickers; Hemptique button twine; Mr'. Huey's mist; Staedtler pen; Dear Lizzy date stamp; Memento black ink.

I can't wait to share more with you, thanks for visiting today!

1 comment:

Sandy Ross said...

Fabulous first reveal Laura....well done! Love that collection!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails