Pages

Monday, February 29, 2016

On The List Cork Board

Over the next couple of weeks our design team will be sharing projects with the theme of CRAFTS. You will definitely be inspired by their creativity!

Today we have DT member Melissa sharing this super fabulous cork board project.




Hi everyone
Melissa here with, what I hope is, a fun project for craft week here on the Imaginisce blog. I’ve wanted a corkboard for my room for quite some time. I’m constantly losing little notes and coupons, etc. So, I finally dug in my stash and realized I had a metal board, along with a piece of corkboard. Yay! And, after receiving the Sunny collection, I knew that I wanted to use all these items to create my own little memo and notes center.
For the sake of saving this post from being photo heavy, I created a little photo collage of the prep for this board. I used my crop-o-dile to punch holes in the metal for hanging and a super strong adhesive to secure the cork board


After letting that dry, I began to embellish using all the wonderful goodies in the Sunny collection. I used some Staz-On stamp ink to apply the camera stamp. How cute is that? 


I grabbed some enamel dots from an Amy Tangerine collection to help cute that right up. 
I wanted to keep the board fairly simple so it wouldn’t look cluttered when I started to add papers and notes to it. But, I still wanted it to look cute, bright and fun. So, I chose to use some of the die cut images and also fussy cut out the triangle shapes from the pattern paper. I love the cameras so much so, I kept that imagery balanced by using a strip of the camera patterned paper. And how CUTE is that bicycle?




Finally, I used some black foam Thicker words for the title of my board and finished it off with some black ribbon for hanging. 
Here is the entire board, ready for all my notes and such…



Now, I’m not completely finished here. I have a love for making all kinds of diy items and one of those are marble push pins. Of course, I had to utilize some of the papers from the Sunny collection so they would match. 

So, I created a brief video walking you through how to make these. Here is a photo and following that enjoy the video!


Thanks for joining me here today and I hope that you find some inspiration and new ideas to use your Imaginisce product!

Imaginisce Products used:
Pattern paper, die cuts from Sunny Collection

American Crafts Products: Enamel dots, foam Thicker Words

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails