Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Birthday Card Set

Do you like cards? So do we!! And we just love Melissa's creations! She's just so creative.




Hello everyone!
Melissa here with you today and I’m sharing a couple of cards that I whipped up using the Parrrty Me Hearty collection. It’s been awhile since I’ve dug into this adorable collection and, since I’ve had a couple of requests from friends to make birthday cards, I thought this to be such a fun collection to use. I mean, how can you not love the adorable mermaids???
So, something that I like to do, when creating more than one card, is to come up with a similar base design. This helps with time and overall execution of making the cards. I knew I needed to make one for a boy and one for a girl; which, by the way, is another reason I wanted to use Parrrty Me Hearty. There are two collections within a collection – one that appeals to boys and one that appeals to girls! 
I began with the girly card and knew I wanted to use one of the mermaid die cuts. Here is the card:




As you can see, I chose to cover the entire base with pattern and color. I chose to do a diagonal line that split two different pattern papers. This can work when you utilize one sheet that has a lot of colors and patterns going on and pair it with a more calm and subtle patterned paper. 
I just love those puffy stickers and all the fun elements with this collection. To add some fun texture and interest, I used those stickers along the diagonal line. Then, I  layered the cute mermaid in between all that.




Finally, I had to have some fun with the sentiment! The sticker with the word ‘shell-a-brate’ looks pretty adorable with the Thickers, don’t you think?
Now, let’s move onto the boy version of this card design. I’ve been eyeballing the pirate ship die cut for quite some time and wasn’t sure how I would ever use it. Alas matey! I figured it out using this card base design with the diagonal line. Here is the card in its full glory:


For this one, I chose to split the two contrasting patterned papers by color. The red stripe really looks striking against the black skull paper. I placed the pirate ship just a little bit behind the red stripe paper. 
To make this a little fun, I did some tears to add some texture and dimension.  Additionally, I wanted the anchor to look like it was connected to the ship. With a little twine and tucking behind the red stripe paper, I think it works. It’s those simple things that can make all the difference in your projects. 


I really wanted to “rough” this card up so, I took the scroll die cut and rolled it up a bit so it would look a little wrinkly. Here is a little before shot I took, showing how roughed up and distressed it looks.


And there you have it! Two fun cards that any little pirate or mermaid will surely enjoy. 
Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a creative day!


Imaginisce Products Used: Paper, die cuts, stickers: Parrrty Me Hearty Collection

American Crafts Products Used: Cardstock, twine

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails