Pages

Monday, April 25, 2016

Sandcastles

Do you remember building sandcastles? I know I do and I've enjoyed creating many with my own children over the years when we've gone to the beach.
Check out this beautiful, fun & colourful layout by DT member Luara.




Hello scrapping friends!  I have a new layout to share using the super fun Sunny collection today!  


While scrolling through a bunch of photos trying to decide on one (some) to use for today's reveal I came across this one taken last summer of my son making sandcastles at the beach in a park where we used to have a trailer to spend our summers.  The photo had me thinking that I should create a sandcastle cut file, which then led me to create this truly whimsical layout.


I began my page by cutting this large sandcastle outline and a coordinating solid sandcastle.


Then I matted my photo and added a few simple layers behind it including the 3x4 cut apart journaling card, which called for some fun beachy embellishments!


I also cut a large sun from some of the yellow and red patterned papers - I am so loving how vibrant this collection is, it makes me happy and dreamy for summer days!


Next I created my title area, using some of the Sunny collection alpha stickers and phrase stickers.  I love mixed font titles!


One last embellishment cluster in the top left hand corner to complete a visual triangle.


To finish off my page, I sprinkled some yellow watercolour paint around my page.

Supply List:  Imaginisce patterned papers, ephemera, alphas stickers, phrase stickers, 3 dimensional stickers; American Crafts cardstock, brown Precision journaling pen and orange sequins; Artists Loft water colour paints.

Thanks so much for visiting!

1 comment:

Monique Liedtke said...

Such an awesome Laura!! Love that sand castle cut file!! Did you really create that yourself?! So clever!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails