Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Sweet Summer

Do you love using your digital die cut machine? Then you'll love this post because Design Team member, Laura, has another fabulous FREE svg cut file for you!!!



Laura Whitaker


Hello crafters! It's Laura here today with a new layout to share, using the Sunny collectionThis time I opted for a more muted and quieter page than my usual bright and vibrant layouts.


For the last several summers we have vacationed on this lake, and as such spent a lot of time cruising around on it.  ( I do not imagine things will change much in the near future as we made a permanent move to this lake.) One of my son's favourite spots is this rope swing that is nestled off the side of a public island.  Unfortunately it is really a tough spot for photographing his fun as the sun shines into the camera all day long.

As a result my photos are a little dark, which is why I wanted to keep my page light and soft.  To do this I pulled lots of yellows, greens and turquoise from the collection


I started my page by creating the background, adding in some water colour paints in colours pulled from the collection.


Then I built my patterned paper layers under my photo strip, doodling a bit for impact and to tie in the dark colours of the photos.


I tucked in a cut apart journaling card to the right of my photos, and added a bit of journaling and my title.  I did a little machine stitching just for fun.  And used a Dear Lizzy stamp to add in the date.


I filled in a little of the white space with some ephemera in the lower corner of my layout, to repeat my colour combination.


Lastly, I created and added this fun sunshine sequin embellishment.  I put American Craft sequins, Imaginisce Par-r-rty Me Hearty puffy stickers and a couple of little punched hearts into it.
 

I punched a piece of plastic from the ephemera packaging to cover the sequin sun with.

If you want to create your own sequin sun, please click on the image below to head on over to my download page to get a copy of my free cut file.

https://app.box.com/s/zfyau8lcmh3ungm0z8nowpxxb16m736o

It is available in Silhouette, SVG, PNG and PDF (to create a fussy cutting template) versions.

Supply List:  Imaginisce Sunny collection patterned papers, ephemera, alpha stickers, 3D stickers; phrase stickers; Imaginisce Par-r-rty Me Hearty collection puffy stickers; American Crafts cardstock, sequins, and enamel shapes; Art Alternatives Clear Gesso; Artists Loft water color paints; Dear Lizzy date stamp; Memento Tuxedo black ink, Mr. Huey's mist.


Thanks for visiting crafty friends!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails