I'm really honored to have been asked back for another year along with my fellow designers from the 2010 team. Designing for Imaginisce has been one of my best life experiences yet!
1. I'm a crime drama junkie. My favorite show is Criminal Minds and I never miss an episode thanks to my husband introducing me to Tivo when we were dating.I really miss JJ this season...just putting that out there. I can't channel surf without stopping at Ch 285 ID. I am truly facinated by forensics and it's amazing what you can learn from these shows about the importance of DNA and solving crimes.
2. I'm a bargain shopper. I love a good deal so when it comes to shopping I am the bargain hunter in the family. As far as scrapbooking is concerned, if it's over $10 I won't buy it without using a coupon. I save all my receipts in case I end up not using something I've purchased and will return it to avoid hording supplies I will never use.
3. My husband and I were married in Kauai in the spot this photo was taken at sunset. It was the first place he ever took me away to and I fell in love with the island. On our first trip they were filming Ben Stiller and Robert Downey Jr's Tropic Thunder and there was am article in the local paper looking for extras. It was pretty funny because on our third trip together we were parking at Ke'e beach and Robert Downey Jr pulled up in an Escalade and asked us if we were leaving because parking can be tough at the popular snorkel cove. He and his wife ended up sitting near us on the beach that day and were very nice. We plan on renewing our vows on our 10 year anniversary with our children and family.
4. I love to go to the movies. I love getting to the theatre early so I can pick out my seat. The previews are my favorite part of the experience. Often I go all by myself because I'm a good wife and would never make my hubby sit thru a chick flick. I really don't mind going alone because time to myself is pretty rare.
5. In addition to my love of movies, I love John Wayne films. I grew up watching them with my mom and she was always watching them on TV. I can't tell you why but there is just something about his acting that draws me in. I am looking forward to checking out the remake. While no one can upstage the Duke, it has gotten great reviews.
6. I have a secret crush on Jimmy Fallon. Maybe it's because he's totally goofy or maybe it's his beautiful dark hair I dunno...but I just swoon every time I see him. My most favorite thing he's ever done is his SNL Barry Gibb Talk show skit with Justin Timeberlake.
7. I converted our dining room into my studio. The black border and wall decor I did myself with my Cricut Expression and vinyl.
8. I am a cancer survivor. In 2004 I was diagnosed with a rare form of pediatric bone cancer called Ewings Sarcoma except in my case it was found in the soft tissue of my upper left arm. I was very fortunate that I did not have to have chemo or radiation. But still it was really scary to be told that I may lose my arm to which I replied "well at least I am right handed" I think my attitude had a lot to do with my recovery. I'll explain that more in #9. I am recovered and have a nice big scar so when people ask me about it I tell them I was surfing in Hawaii and was attacked by a shark and lived...you should see the look on their face.
#9. I have always known I was going to have a daughter. I can't tell you how I just knew. That's why when I was diagnosed with cancer I told my Dr. that we had to figure out how we were going to get thru it with me still being able to have the daughter I was meant to have. She was born 3 years later. I also have a 13 year old son who also enjoys me scrapping his photos just don't tell his friends he admitted that.
#10 I looooove Diet Dr. Pepper! It's the one thing we must have in the house at all times. I'm really good about limiting myself to one a day although on a deadline I've been known to drink 3 in one evening.
I'm looking forward to 2011 and getting to know the new team better. Imaginisce has some amazing products in store for this year and we can't wait to bring you lots of inspiration for our collections.
Stop by my blog Scraptastic Designs
Leave a comment on both Shemaine's blog and the Imaginisce blog and you could be selected to win!!