Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Stamping on eggs? Really?

Who likes decorating eggs at Easter?
Well, if so you will love this idea!!



'You Stamped an Egg?'
On a recent trip to the grocery store I noticed the Easter candy, decorations, and egg dye kits were being displayed and I had a "aha moment". A lightbulb lit up in my head. I wanted to try decorating my eggs with the adorable stamps from the Welcome Spring collection. 


Stamping on eggs takes a light touch. Press too hard and your egg may crack. But think of the heads that will turn when they see your eggs! Give it a try with your kids too. I bet they would love to stamp on their eggs :) 




I used all the stamps in the collection except the owl. I thought the owl was a bit too big for eggs. I also whipped up a couple egg holders using my Welcome Spring papers. These would look great on your Easter buffet table. My kids reaction when they saw my eggs...."Mom, you stamped an egg?  That's pretty cool!".






Instructions:
I used a dye based ink on my eggs. It dries fast and will not smudge off. Once the stamp was inked, I used my fingers to press it onto the egg, that way I could curve the stamp to fit the egg.
Supplies:
Imaginisce : Pattern Papers (Welcome Spring), Snag 'em Stamps (Welcome Spring)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails