Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thankful Wall Hanging

We've got another great home decor project to share with you today created by design team member Michelle.




Thankful – Wall Hanging

Hello Imaginisce fans!
A few years ago out in blogland I saw a great little wall hanging made on an embroidery hoop and it was done up with papercrafting supplies.  I thought that was an ingenious way to take our craft and stretch it.  And then I went to the craft store and bought about 10 embroidery hoops – ha!  This was about 5 years ago.  And I am just now using them.  Better late than never, right? Winking smile
So today I’m sharing one that I did to hang up in my home as we transition in to fall.  And fall really is my favorite season:  the colors, the scents, the food, football, cooler temperatures, my birthday, and that warm cozy feeling come November where we take pause to be thankful for all that we have.

I’m not a seamstress, although I do sew on my paper crafts, but I spotted this fabric in Mexico a few years ago and bought a few yards.  No idea what I thought I’d use it for, but I think it’s good to always have a good neutral fabric on-hand.  And getting it on my hoop was way easier than I thought it was going to be. 
Using a 7” cross stitch hoop, layer fabric over inner hoop, place outer hoop over it, and tighten.
Trim off excess fabric from around the hoop.

Using Imaginisce’s Welcome Spring collection, I die cut some trees, and the word thankful and laid them out on my piece to think through my vision.

It came together pretty quickly after that.

I added a pre-made die because I wanted it to have some more color, and more white to go with the white in thankful.

And I topped the big tree with some gemstones from Welcome Spring to offset it more from the little tree

And now we hang it, and hope to put out a sort of subliminal message to all who pass it in our home, to always remember to give thanks.

xoxo
Michelle
Supply List :
Imaginisce:  Patterned Paper – Welcome Spring

1 comment:

TracyM #6773 said...

FABULOUS wall hanging Michelle!!!
LOVE your fabric and design, your patterned trees with the bling look DELIGHTFUL!!!
... I have to confess that I bought some little embroidery hoops years ago too and I put them in such a "safe" hiding place, I have absolutely no idea where I put them. Instead of stressing over the search, I think I will get one on my next crafty trip - THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails