Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

The 'Sweetest' Tradition

Welcome back Imaginisce fans for another week filled with amazing holiday, Christmas themed ideas!  The design team has created so many wonderful ideas that we sure you'll want to try them out for next year (if you don't have time this year!).

Enjoy!




'The Sweetest Tradition'
Are you baking Christmas cookies, or decorating a Gingerbread House this year? Pebbles has an adorable Christmas collection that is perfect for scrapping those snapshots. I have an amazing friend that creates several gingerbread houses from scratch every year (30-40 houses!). Then she and her daughters host gingerbread decorating parties. She supplies all the candy and frosting too. It was such a fun time I had to scrap a layout about it. 


I used the Imaginisce Milk Paint to make this awesome die cut look like peppermint candies. You just mix a little bit of the pink powdered paint with some water and apply with a paint brush. Save your packaging as they make awesome paint trays! Note...I painted my die cut before I adhered it to my layout and took this picture afterward.



I didn't want to cover up too much of my peppermint candy die cut background, so I created an interactive layout using some washi tape. The photo flips open, like a book. This way I could add more pictures underneath. Look at my decorated Gingerbread House, complete with a sleigh, snowman, trees, a little doggie, and Santa climbing down the chimney! 




It was so great to get together with my girlfriends. 

Supplies:
Pebbles: Pattern Papers, Stickers, Die Cuts (Home For Christmas)
American Crafts: cardstock
Imaginisce: Milk Paint

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails