Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

Wash it with Milk Paints!

Our designers have been working their magic once again. This time they are using our fun Milk Paints to create with and they are blowing our minds!!!
Check out this stunning layout by Suzanna.



Suzanna Lee

Night Sky wash with Imaginisce Milk Paints

Hi there! Suzanna here to share with you a great technique for using Imaginisce's Milk Paints to create a starry night sky background!

Mix the Milk paint according to the directions on the packaging; mix 1 part water with 2 parts water and mix well. I didn't measure, I guesstimated. I highly recommend the bristle brush part of the instructions and warm water to get a good consistency of the paint. If you omit the bristle brush part, as I first did, the paint is rather chunky... Not fun to paint with!




Now wash your milk paint across your background paper, using wide back and forth strokes. I like to use watercolor paper when I'm creating a background because it makes the color more consistent and the media more dependable. Before the paint can dry, flick droplets of water across the background to create the starry effect as shown here in the picture. It's subtle, but it adds more interest to the background.



Now incorporate your background piece into your layout, build and layer and have fun. Remember that the watercolor paper will probably curl so putting a heavy book on top of the paper might be necessary once dry and before you construct.




The moon and stars stamp from the My Baby collection was a perfect way to compliment my starry night sky. I stamped a slightly darker tone on tone.







Supplies
Imaginisce - patterned paper, bling, die cut shapes and journaling pad, stamp and button: My Baby, Milk Paint
American Crafts - cardstock


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails