Pages

Friday, March 18, 2016

St. Patrick's Day Banner

Wrapping up our St. Patty's themed week we have this fabulous banner project designed by Nathalie Leonelli.



Did you celebrate Saint-Patrick’s Day yesterday? We don’t really do anything special in my family but I like to decorate for the occasion nonetheless. I pull out my kids Saint Patrick Day art and crafts from elementary school but since they are now in Junior and High school I don’t get any new ones, sooooo…. I decided to make my own decoration this year!




I created this banner with the Parrrty Me Hearty collection which has several hues of green perfect for the Irish celebration! The pennants from the “Shell-A-Brate” paper were my starting point.




After cutting 5 of them and adding Thickers (also from the Parrrty Me Hearty collection), I cut a series of slightly larger pennants from kraft cardstock to adhere them on.




You could use a punch or die-cutting machine but I hand cut a heart template and then 6 hearts from the “Sand Castles” paper to form the shamrocks. 




I sewed around each pennant and then fed them one by one into the sewing machine to put the banner together. After doing that, I adhered the shamrocks and the little ribbon bows as my final touch.




I’ll probably keep it up a few more days because I like it so much

Thank you for stopping by and do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions regarding the making of this project.


Supply List: 

Imaginisce patterned papers, American Crafts Thickers (Par-r-rty Me Hearty); American Crafts cardstock; Michael’s ribbon

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails