Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Mother's Day Canvas

With Mother's Day just around the corner our design team has created some great inspiration for you!!


Melissa Elsner

Hey everyone,
Melissa here with a super fun Mother’s Day project. I love making circle punch flowers and have made them on plenty of cards and projects of a smaller scale. When I was contemplating a project for Mother’s Day, the flowers popped into my head. So, I decided to bust out one of my burlap canvases and create a piece of wall décor for my mama and, it would include the flowers. 
Here is the full project:

Pretty, right? I just love the beautiful colors from the Sunny collection! These flowers are so easy, and fun, to assemble. I’ve included a process video that will take you through how I created these. You can watch it right here.


For this project, I wanted to incorporate as much pattern and color as possible. So, each flower is utilizing two different patterns from the collection. I made all three different sizes and used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the circles. 

For the title, I decided to mix up the font. By using regular letter stickers and script Thickers, I was able to place the emphases on the word Blessed. I really am so thankful for my mom and all that she has done! She really is an inspiration and do count myself as blessed. 

Here are some quick tips should you want to recreate this project… make sure to combine a muted/almost solid pattern with a fun and active pattern. This way, the colors will stand out and the flower will not be overwhelming. Use a glue stick to connect the flower petals as it dries slow enough that you can manipulate and move the petals to make them even. Did you know there is such a thing as 2” glue dots? I had no idea! I find these work best when adhering the two flower layers. No wait! That’s what I’m talking about!

Finally, you can use whatever center you want for your flowers. I have used bling, enamel dots, a smaller punched circle with a button and I’ve used brads. Brads are nice because there is no additional waiting time, in regards to drying. The sky really is the limit! 
Thank you for joining me today! Happy flower making!

Imaginisce product used: Paper: Sunny Collection

American Crafts product used: Thickers

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails