Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

Make it a Great Year!!

With each new year comes a new calendar year.
Check out this super cut calendar that Cari created!



2015 Desk Calendar Easel

Hello Imaginisce fans! So glad you're joining us again today.
Well, with this theme of 'new beginnings' that the Design Team has been given over the past couple of weeks I decided that it would be quite fitting to create a new calendar for my desk in my studio.

I found this darling little easel file in the Silhouette online store and decided that I would use it to make a calendar (instead the intended card that it originally was).




I cut out all of my pieces for the easel from some chipboard and patterned paper.  The calendar print & cut file is also from the Silhouette online store. I just printed that out on white copy paper.




After adhering the patterned paper to the chipboard base ....




I began to assemble the calendar pieces.  I wanted to create a type of sticky note pad idea so that as a calendar month passes I can just easily remove it to see the next month.
So I simply ran a bit of temporary adhesive (dots) across the top edge of each month.  I then adhered them together being careful to line up all of the edges.





After adhering the months to the calendar front I adhered some alpha stickers and a button for the year, 2015.




I then simply threaded some twine through the pre-cut holes on the bottom of the easel tying them in knots at either end - this gives the easel the support & balance to stay open on the desk.






Supplies:
Imaginisce - Family Fun (patterned papers, buttons, enamel dots)
American Crafts - Thickers
Other: twine, Silhouette chipboard, Silhouette Cameo, corner rounded punch


*******


Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you have been inspired by our DT these past 2 weeks to create a project that represents your New Beginnings for this year, 2015.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails