Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Box of Love


Have you had a chance to make one of these cards yet?  I haven't and would really like to.
If you happen to own a Silhouette machine you can purchase these types of files from the online Silhouette Design store.

This is perfect for giving to a friend or even decorating your mantle or kitchen table!



Monique Liedtke


Hi everyone! For today I've created a Valentine Box Card using my Silhouette Cameo. I've seen these box cards a lot, but never made one myself. So when Cari asked us to create a "love" project I knew straight away what I wanted to do!

I started with Imaginisce's "Little Princess" collection (because of all the pinks) and chose one of the cute box cut files from the Silhouette online store and got started. Here's what I cut: 


For the base I used American Craft's smooth white cardstock (which cuts perfectly in the Silhouette!). 

Here's the result:



And you know what is so fun about these cards? They easily fit into an envelop if you do this: 


When I was finished putting everything together I noticed some white edges around some of the shapes and because I didn't want these, I used Imaginisce's D-Stress tool to polish these off: 


Because of the fine tip you can easily reach into every corner: 


And then - last but not least - I wanted to attach a little piece of ribbon to the top of the card and of course I used Imaginisce's I-Magicut Ribbon Cutter to give my ribbon smooth edges. 

This tool is super easy to use!! 1: Lay a piece of ribbon between the blades of the tool, make sure the switch is in the "on" position and gently press the button for a few seconds:  


2: After 2 or 3 seconds release the button and open the tool:


Because of the hot wire inside the tool the ribbon is cut through and the edges are sealed! No more frayed ribbon edges!


Awesome right?! You can see the Imaginisce YouTube video on how to use this tool HERE

Supplies:
Imaginisce - Litte Princess (patterned papers, jewels), D-Stress Tool, I-Magicut Ribbon Cutter & Sealer, Pogo Adhesive Suspenser
American Crafts - Thickers, Cardstock
Other: paperclip, ribbon, word label, Silhouette Cameo, Silhouette cut file #73227


1 comment:

Mieke said...

Wow Monique, what a wonderful tutorial! Love it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails