Pages

Monday, March 28, 2016

Hello Sunshine!

Spring is in the air  (well at least for some of us it is - sorry to those of you that are still getting snow!!) and our DT is excited to share some spring themed projects with you this week.



Hi everyone! Katie here today sharing a Spring layout! I'm sure I am not the only one who is so glad for Spring's arrival. Winters are long here in New England so we really look forward to the days when we can hang out outside without all that winter gear on! This layout is documenting one of my daughter's favorite springtime activities...sidewalk chalk! I used the new Sunny collection which, with its bright and cheery colors, was perfect for this layout. Here is a look at the full layout:



I cut down a piece of white cardstock to 11"x11" and adhered it to a piece of patterned paper to give the layout a patterned border. I then cut the patterned paper with the suns on it to a triangle and put it in the top corner of the layout. To me this gives it the feel of the sun in the sky. I placed my 3 photos in the center of the layout, slightly overlapping them all. I placed some the diceut embellishments around my photos, using the "hello sunshine" as my title.




I added a few strips of patterned paper on the bottom of my layout, under my journaling to anchor the layout, so my photos didn't appear to be floating on the layout. I used the arrow diecut to draw the eye to my focal point photo of the box of chalk.



I can't wait for more sidewalk chalk days in the coming weeks!



Supplies Used:

Imaginisce: patterned paper, diecuts, stickers (Sunny)

American Crafts: Cardstock

2 comments:

Laura Creates said...

Love this so fresh!

Monique Liedtke said...

Awesome layout Katie! my kids loved to chalk on the sidewalks as well but I don't have a lot of photos of it. It was so "normal" I forgot to take photos! Love the design with the three photos and also love the stitching!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails