Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Mix

No, we're not talking about a mix of some of these.



But, a mix of some of these.


That's right, we challenged a couple of our designers to create a layout that mixes at least two of our Spring releases. And you are going to LOVE the results.

My Unhappy Prince Charming by Michelle Unruh


Here's what Michelle said about her scrapbook page:

This was a fun challenge. I decided to try and use the Enchanted line with a photo of my baby boy when he was a bitty baby. The little frog on his shirt made me want to use the Enchanted line. I actually managed to use something from all four lines I have. The brown dot and green polka dot paper are from Berrylicious. The green strip I punched was from Animal Crackers, with the rest from Enchanted. I even snuck a little Garden Party in, using the small brown flower and brad under my title. I used a fashion flower to anchor my frog at the bottom as well as some hot rocks sprinkled around my page. Even bitty Prince Charming needs a little bling! :) With all that is going on at my house lately, I don't have much time or mojo. More like the mojo is missing!! So, I used a sketch from Sassy Lil Sketches that gave me the inspiration I needed. Side note - I wish I could shrink him back to this size again!!! He was so fun (still is, but sassier! LOL) and so darn cute! I miss that baby smell!!! Dreft laundry soap mixed with Nivea lotion on a freshly bathed baby!!! Heaven!!!

Feeding Giraffes by Aphra Bolyer


And here's what Aphra had to say about her layout:

I love the themes and patterns of Imaginisce's papers and embellishments, but I also love the wonderful "B" sides. There you will usually find smaller more neutral patterns that can fit just about any theme. I decided to really take advantage of the back sides on this layout about my kids feeding giraffes while on vacation last summer. I loved how well my photos popped off the green backside of the Just Peachy paper (from the Berrylicious collection) and how the Summer Stripe paper (also from Berrylicious) tied all my colors together. The solid blue backside of Rows of Posies (Garden Party collection) was perfect for my clouds while the yellow backside of Cherry Lemonade made for a great sun. For close-ups and details about the Cricut cuts I used, please visit my blog My Scrappy Life.

Wasn't that fun? Ok, now we want to see you mix it up and flip it over. You might just surprise yourself. And be sure to show off your creations at our Facebook page. We'd sure love to see!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

such pretty layouts.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

very fun! great job!

Cynthia Baldwin said...

These pages look seamless- great job using products from all the different lines!

PamSpradlin said...

Cute layouts!

Nati Tristan said...

OH MY GOSH! These are adorable! Such talent!

Cherie said...

So cute!! I LOVE giraffes!! Both layouts are amazing, and I love how mixing the lines worked out so well!

Manhattan Mandie said...

Love the layouts! It's hard to flip your GORGEOUS papers though. They are sooooo pretty :)

Court said...

Way to go, ladies!

st_mccall said...

What great layouts! Thank you for sharing!

doverdi said...

Wonderful layouts & great mix of product lines. TFS!

Got2BCrafting said...

These are adorable! I really need to get back into scrapbooking. I only have about 10,000 pics, so it shouldn't take long!! LOL!
Lori
http://got2bcrafting.blogspot.com/

Auntie Ang said...

great challenge wow

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

I lovethe 2 pager so cute great challenge can I still play with no facebook
And thanks for playing with a sassy sketch michelle I'm on the card dt there yahoo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails