I'm a mom of three young kids and a less-than-part-time pediatric Registered Nurse who loves crafting, scrapbooking, sewing, wood crafts, party planning, and anything else creative. I try to spend time in my craft room every day. I've been scrapbooking since 1995 (though I'm nowhere near caught up) and started card making and stamping about 5 years ago. I love teaching and sharing my passion with others and I'm so excited to be on this team this year!!
Here's a list of 5 interesting facts about me:
- I met my husband in Jr. High at my friend's house during their "band practice" I was 14 and he was 15. He was cute and played the electric guitar and I was hooked. I told my friends that day at the party "he was mine", and they let me have him. We started officially dating three years later, and were married almost 10 years ago. He started two accounting firms, which he currently owns and franchises, but he's still a guitar-playing, music-writing rockstar. We have three children, two sweet fun energtic boys and a darling cuddly happy little girl.
- I learned everything crafty from my mom. She's currently a Home-Economics teacher at our local High School and teaches cooking, sewing, child card and interior design classes. I grew up watching her sew our clothes, make cute decorations out of wood, paint, cook, decorate cakes, and decorate the house. She didn't buy what she could make, and I try to follow in her footsteps. She's like Martha Steward, but oh-so-much-cooler.
- I became a nurse at age 19 and my first nursing job was in a highly acute psychiatric hospital. That's a great place for someone very young to grow up very fast. I've been a nurse for 11 years. I've also worked in the operating room, but my love, and my current position, is as a Registered Nurse in a pediatric hospital working with cardiac patients and patients who are recovering from all types of surgery. It's a wonderful and very fulfilling job, but I cut back my hours and lot a couple of years ago to spend more time with my family.
- I'm hugely addicted to "So You Think You Can Dance." I've danced all my life and LOVE that show! I would cancel plans, leave my family alone to eat dinner, try to record it on our VCR, and drop everything to watch it ... then I discovered the DVR. My life is forever changed. When the season starts you can bet I'm watching, and re-watching every single episode. I keep the previous season on the DVR until the next season starts because I love it THAT much.
- This year, a couple of months before my 30th birthday, I decided I wanted to lose 15 pounds so I did it in 7 weeks. Then I lost 5 more just to prove to myself that I could. I'm now kind of addicted to the gym and LOVE going! I try to go an hour or two a day, and I don't feel as good when I miss. I'm also eating better than I ever have in my life, but I'll never give up my weaknesses - chocolate and ice cream.
And ... Something you may not know about me is that I used to make wedding cakes and other cakes for clients out of my home. I really thought I'd start a business one day but then I realized how time consuming it was and how expensive it was, so I went back to scrapbooking and card making, which is my favorite hobby of all.
Thanks Tiffany for sharing a little bit about yourself! You gotta love those crafty moms some of us have had - they're the best!
We look forward to seeing your fabulous creations this year and we're thrilled to have you on our 2012 team.
You can follow Tiffany and see more of her beautiful work on her blog.
Join us again tomorrow as we continue to introduce a few more members of our 2012 team!