Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Endless Summer with Cari

Well, today brings us to the final day of our Designer-a-Day feature.  Thanks for joining us this past month as our designers shared their talents. We hoped that you enjoyed it!!

Today we have our DT Coordinator, Cari Locken, sharing this super fun summer album.


"Hot Summer Days"

I created this little mini album using Endless Summer collection of patterned papers, diecuts, stickers, etc and some summer pics. All I needed to get started was some chipboard which I cut to 6" x 4" pieces.


 I began by printing out my photos - 7 of them at 4" x 6" each. I adhered each one on a piece of 4x6 chipboard and corner rounded the top & bottom right edges.

I then covered the other side of the chipboard with patterned paper. I tried to find papers that went with my photos.  After the papers were adhered I used the d-stress tool to clean up and sand the edges a bit .  This is a great little tool for that because often the paper isn't the same size as the chipboard and it hangs over the edges. Well, this tools sand over the excess and creates a clean edge.


After all the pages were covered and embellishments added I used my i-rock tool and some glimmer i-rocks to finish the design off.





The cover of the mini is a clear acrylic piece. I adhered a sticker stacker to the center.



Then on the back of the clear page I took another sticker stacker and adhered it to some patterned paper. I then cut around the sticker and adhered this to the clear page. You then see the green patterned paper showing through on the front cover. I embellished the front (on the green part but on the clear page) with some i-rock gems.



 Here's a look at the inside pages.
You will notice that I kept my album design farily simple & repeated the same design throughout.
One side with patterned paper, embellishments & journaling. The other side the photo.






On each left side I typed my journaling onto white cardstock.  I cut thin strips of blue cardstock and embossed each one (3 different designs) for some added visual interest & texture.






I also added foam squares/tape for added dimension on some of the diecuts and stickers.





And the back cover.


Supplies used: Imaginisce (Endless Summer Collection: patterned papers, diecuts, sticker stackers), i-rock tool and Glam Rocks; foam tape; d-stress tool
Other: Core'dinations Colorcore Cardstock, chipboard; Xryon glue stick, Sookwang double sided tape, Cuttlebug embossing folders & Cuttlebug, May Arts (Ribbons)


************

Thanks again for stopping by today. We hope that you were inspired by all of the projects this past month.

Please make sure to join us tomorrow as we share our new Monthly Challenge and announce last month's winner!!

2 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what an awesome mini!!!

Monique Liedtke said...

Awesome mini Cari!! Love all the glam rocks you added!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails