Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Valentine's Day Kids Crafts

Children love creating.  They have vivid imaginations and creating something all by themselves is a great accomplishment.
Design Team member, Monique, had the help of her son for today's project and he did an incredible job!



**********


Valentine's Day Frame

When I mentioned what project I was going to do for today, my 9 year old son jumped up and said that he wanted to help! Now, how cool is that? He grabbed his coloring pens and some paper and started drawing this flower for his dad. 



Later that week we went to Ikea to buy a photo frame for his drawing and as soon as we arrived home he said he wanted to decorate the frame. I quickly grabbed my scraps from the new “My Baby” collection (as the pink colors a the design on the “B”side of the papers is just perfect!) and a heart punch and gave those to him. He punched a whole lot of hearts, big and small. 


While he did that I created a background for his flower, layering and stitching the papers. Then we put the flower in the frame, added some punched hearts “confetti” and closed the frame. Last but not least my son adhered punched hearts to the outside of the photo frame. I’m really loving the result!












Supplies: 
Imaginisce: patterned papers (My Baby). American Crafts: cardstock, glue runner.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

What a great surprise I'm sure Dad will be thrilled I hope you both have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails