Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

Father's Day is just around the corner!

It's that time of year when we get to celebrate & honour our Dads!!  And our DT gals have created some super fun projects to share with you this week.  We're going to get started with Courtney's rocking' Father's Day card!



"Father's Day" card


HELLOOOO everyone! Court from Court’s Crafts here! I was SO excited to get a jump start on my Father’s Day cards. Hans is now the proud father of two little girls and I saw this cut file and just had to get it! 

I put it in the middle of some of the perfect vacation line (don’t you just LOVE how they snuck some polka dots into a vacation line?!?) and cut it out. 



I then trimmed it down to A2 size and put a mother-load (or should I say father-load?!?) of i-rock pearls all on the inside of the silhouette. I used both my i-rock and my mini iron - which Imaginisce used to make  - to make this happen. If you use your i-rock make sure to put fresh batteries in it so that the process goes much faster. 



I stitched around the edge of the card  and tried not to keep it straight, but a little wonky. I was going for an “inked” feel without actually inking the card.

I added some May Arts Ribbon and stapled them in place with the Xyron/Teresa Collins Stapler.



Lastly I added my sentiment which is a sneak peek of a July release for Pink and Main and popped the panel up. I drew around the silhouette to give it a little more visual interest.


I hope you enjoyed my post for today and get going on making those Father’s Day cards early! It’s coming up in a couple of weeks! :) 
Supply List:
Imaginisce: Patterned Papers (Perfect Vacation)
Imaginisce: i-rock
Imaginisce: i-rock pearls
American Crafts: Cardstock Neutrals



*******
Join us again tomorrow for more Father's Day ideas!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails