Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Go Cart Fun!

So have you had a chance to see our Sketch Challenge this month?  If you missed it the details on HERE on this post.

Today Marcia shares her take on the sketch.



'Go Kart Fun!'
There seems to be no end to all the kinds of family activities that can be scrapped with the Family Fun collection! Today, I have another layout to share using the B sides of the papers. I was inspired by the black and white checkerboard paper. I immediately thought, that would be great paper for my son's Cub Scout Pinewood Derby pictures, but then remembered I had Go Kart pictures from a trip to Wisconsin Dells. 



 I loved Suzanna's sketch, but felt like I needed more white space to suit my style. This is where a sketch sometimes makes you think outside of the box. I decided to doodle along my layout edges. This allowed me to stay true to the sketch. I settled on some straight lines interspersed with the word 'VROOM'. I am quite happy with the result. I may have to doodle on my layouts more often. 



I also used my Imaginisce i-Top tool to create some custom brads for my layout. The i-Top is a great way to add some dimension. Here is my layout.




Supplies:
Imaginisce : Pattern Papers (Family Fun), I-Top, small and medium Brad Daddies, small and medium I-Top punches, Red Foam Alphabet Thickers, Foam Adhesive
American Crafts: Cardstock, Slick Writer (black)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails