"Born in raised in the town I still live in I am a 40 something scrapper who still feels like I am in my 20’s! I have two boys (Max, 14 and Harrison, 9) who are my main scrapping inspiration! I love photography and have been having fun with Adobe actions and playing with my photos.
I have been scrapping close to 12 years and have evolved my style somewhat but have remained pretty true to myself.
I have been on several design teams over the years but am currently enjoying scrapping as a hobby – although I do still submit to the magazines and enjoy seeing my work in print."
We asked Sarah a few questions to help us get to know her even better.
- I started with a brown/white cardstock background.
- I cut different size strips of paper from the Imaginisce "Hello Cupcake" line (Birthday Horray, Let's Party, and Party Time) and included the "Hooray" title from the "Wish Come True" die cut pack. I sewed the strips across the top of my page.
- Using a small hole punch I created confetti by punching the colored circles out of the Party Time paper and sprinkling them across the page.
- I added two 2x3 pictures under my title and cut strips of paper. I also cut a strip of the orange paper from the Birthday Hooray paper and added it under my pictures.
- Last I added computer journaling that I printed off from the computer and sewed down.
- I started with a kraft/white background.
- My starting point was cutting a strip of green from the Birthday Hooray paper and centering it near the top of my page and sewing it down.
- I then added two 2x3 pictures, slightly staggered.
- I pop dotted the "Make a Wish" title from the "Wish Come True" die cut pack under the first picture.
- I then cut several strips of pattern paper from the "Hello Cupcake" line (Cheers, Let's Party and Party Time). After shaping the strips into a banner look I adhered them under my pictures and title, placing the smallest strip over the bigger two and sewing down.
- I pop dotted the smiling candle from the "Wish Come True" die cut pack over the "I" in my title.
- Lastly I hand cut a large photo corner from the Wish Big piece of paper and sewed it down on the top right corner of my layout.
- Lastly I added my journaling strips and date and added some spatters of white paint on the edges of my layout and over some of the pattern paper pieces.